Road in advanced of Ubon airforce base.wmv

The road that runs in front of the camp (Uppalisan) was a dirt road in the 60s and many times was impassable after a rain storm. At its best, the road was rough to travel by car or truck. I was driving my Honda truck west on Uppalisan road towards checkpoint Charley (the entrance to the camp) so the camp is to the right in the video clip. I gave my camera to my friend and told him to do the best he could to film the road and immediate surroundings. If you look closely, you will see many taxis waiting across the road from checkpoint Charley to take the GIs to town. I stopped at the intersection with Chayangkun Road and turned right or north. The video shows the narrow asphalt road that was Chayangkun in the late 60s. The video clip stops when I was probably just north of where Robinson's Department Store now stands. Video supplied by Bob.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub1L2XRb9G0&hl=en
0 Responses

Post a Comment